Friday 23 January 2015

Cindy Li

Hi! My name is Cindy Li. I go to St. Michaels University School, and am in Grade 8  at the middle school. I was born in a small northern city in China. When I was almost 5 years old, I moved from Beijing, the capital of China, to Victoria, BC, in Canada. I like to go to school, unlike lots of kids our age. I think learning is fun. My favourite thing to learn at school is math. Surprise, I know. I will readily admit that the thing got me really interested was a story. I’m sure you've heard some stories about Greek Mythology. I've always been interested in these sorts of stories. Be it Greek myths, Roman myths, Chinese, fables, or Egyptian mythology, I like them all. It was actually a book series that really got me into Greek Mythology in particular. Have you ever heard of the Percy Jackson series? There really good books. Some of my absolute favourites.
I think Greece is a very interesting country. Some of what I think are the most interesting things about it would be the fact that 1) It’s where the Olympics started, 2) It’s the birthplace of democracy, and 3) Back in the time of Ancient Greece, the country was divided into “city-states”.

Anyway, what is it like in Greece? Do you have a favourite part of Greece? Also, do you have a favourite Greek Myth?

3 comments:

  1. I have read one of the books in the Percy Jackson series, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't been to all the places in Greece, so I can't judge where I like most, but the area where I live - the Peloponnese - is very stunning. My favourite myth is probably the Odyssey - we have two lessons on it every week in school for the whole year and it is very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you right now! I love greek Mythology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of you right now! I love greek Mythology!

    ReplyDelete